Monday, February 13, 2012

I've Been Looking For A Friend Like You




I’ve been looking for a friend to share my joys with. A friend I can express all of my sorrows to. A friend that will tell me when I’m wrong and applaud me when I’m right. I need a friend that will give me the right advice when I’m faced with a difficult decision. Not the advice one thinks I want to hear, but the advice I need to hear. I want a friend that will be concerned about the TRUTH according to the Word of God, and not the truths of this world; based on the circumstance.

My friend will be there for me when I’m hurting to comfort me. My friend will be there to pick me up when I stumble and fall. My friend will encourage me to keep going when I want to stop and throw in the towel.

I need this friend to sometimes carry me in my struggles. Sometimes the wind blows mightily and I can hardly stand up. I need this friend to literally carry me, and to handle the situation for me. To coordinate my life in such a way, that when I am ready to stand again, I won’t be unsteady, I won’t be afraid; I will be confident, sound, sure.

Most of all, I want my friend to be there for me, every time I call. Whether it is day or night, I want my friend to be there for me.

I want a loving friend: joyous, longsuffering, peaceful, faithful, meek, discrete and most of all loving.

This friend would be PERFECT. This friend I would CHERISH. This friend I would LOVE…This Friend I KNOW!

THANK YOU JESUS, FOR BEING A FRIEND OF MINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment