Tuesday, May 8, 2012

“SMILE…FOR YOU MAY NEVER KNOW'

I awoke this morning around 3 a.m. to the song by our late brother Ron Winans. “…For we may never know, all the people we may touch, all the lives that we may reach…” I haven’t written in a while because I’ve allowed myself to become focused on my current situation. This morning, I decided to blog about the message that God has given me. Do you know that sometimes throughout the day, you can change the outcome of someone’s day or life, just by the expression on your face? The other day, my kids and I were taking out our trash here at the motel. Coming out of the building, I saw a new Motel guest; a woman and her daughter. I smiled as we passed them and went to the dumpster. My kids were in the room all day doing schoolwork and then playing, so we decided before nightfall, we would go out and play.] A few minutes later, we saw this mother and daughter walking towards us. As she approached, she managed a faint smile. I smiled back and said hello when she was in front of me. She has a brace around her neck and her daughter looked somewhat frail, but very pretty. After standing there for a moment, the woman said my daughter wanted to come play with your kids. She told me that she was very selective about who her daughter plays with. She had been watching the other kids at the motel play outside before us, but when she and her daughter saw us, they felt like we would be fine to play with. I called my kids over to introduce themselves to our neighbors. My Elysia then asked the little girl if she wanted to play. She said yes and they were off. I realized then, that I had smiled at this woman and little girl; something I didn’t always do, until a very nice lady named, Sis. Mobley, years ago, pointed it out to me. This woman changed my life, when she told me to smile whenever I talk to people. Not only did she urge me to smile, but to look the person in the eye and pay them the utmost attention as if they were the most important person in the world to me. I’ve been practicing her suggestion everyday. That’s my suggestion to all of you today. Smile, so that you can brighten someone’s day. For you may never know all the people you may touch, or all the lives that you may reach. So SMILE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment