Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Can Take It


“I wouldn’t put more on you, than you can bear. So if its there, it means you can bear it”.
I woke up this morning with these words melodiously ringing in my ear. I thought about the tasks of the day. It’s habitually the same as every day. I get up and get my kids schoolwork for the day organized. I get dressed and I prepare breakfast.
It seems like an ordinary start to most mothers’ day. However, for me, it’s a little more challenging. Every day tasks that I have to execute is done with intense pain and limited mobility, thus making a 5 minute task more like a 20 minute task for me. I have come to walk in the path that has been laid out for me at this present time, with broad shoulders, a head held high, the stature of a confident soldier and with great humility.
Having been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and OsteoArthritis, severe pain has become problematic, constant and forever present. The level of pain I live through every day is a pain so great, I wouldn’t want the most evil person in this world to endure; and I mean that.
I wake up in pain from the neck down, and go to sleep with pain from the neck down.
However, by the grace of God and the faith I have in God and the strength that He has given me to get through…I do just that, I get through each day.
I love combing my girls hair, but it has become such a task, that leaves my fingers so stiff with pain that it seems as if they were beat with a hammer.
To raise my arms to cook, it makes my shoulders hurt so fiercely that I sometimes have to hold my breath and take small breath’s to endure it.
I say all of this, not to complain, but to encourage all of you to be thankful for every ounce of strength, endurance, drive and mobility you have, unaccompanied by pain.
If your biggest complaint is, “I just don’t feel like it”, then please take it from a severe pain sufferer, you are truly blessed, as am I, and you should thank God for every pain-less moment you have, and don’t complain.
And to all the silent sufferers, just know, whatever your affliction or trial, if God has allowed it, you can bear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment